About Stockholm Care
Whether you need a Second opinion, highly specialized treatment or a long-term rehabilitation program, Stockholm Care connects you with leading specialists and caregivers in Sweden. We are the exclusive gateway for international patients and partners seeking cutting edge medical expertise and outstanding services in Stockholm.
Stockholm Care is a Shared Service Center fully owned by Region Stockholm (the local government of Stockholm) with the exclusive responsibility for the region’s export of advanced healthcare services.
We represent the Karolinska University Hospital and the other major hospitals and several specialized clinics present in the Stockholm region. Karolinska University Hospital is one of Europe’s leading hospitals. Together with the world-respected Karolinska Institute, home of the Nobel prize in Physiology or Medicine, they lead the development of future medical care with an emphasis on the advanced highly specialized care.
Stockholm Care also manage the Tobias Registry, Sweden’s national registry of healthy donors of bone marrow stem cells.
Stockholm Care offer:
- Collaboration with Karolinska University Hospital and a wide network of both public and private care providers in the Stockholm region
- International patient referrals and highly specialized treatments
- Medical second opinions and multidisciplinary team conferences
- Education and training programmes for medical professionals
- International partnerships and healthcare management consulting services